- Make a drawing in inches of the shape of the room. Show each wall, door and window.
- Measure from the floor to the ceiling. (Measure to the bottom of the soffit if one is present.)
- Measure each wall section and write it on the drawing. (A wall section is from one corner to a doorway or window.)
- Measure each door and window. (Measure doors and windows from the outside edge to outside edge of casing or trim.)
- Add up the dimensions on each wall and verify that it matches the total length of that wall.
- Mark the locations of where appliances will go (not where they are now). List the dimensions of each appliance. Measure the width, height and depth.
- Mark on the drawing the exact locations of sink, water and gas lines.
- Scan the drawing and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (716) 649-8802.
Questions? Not comfortable measuring yourself? Contact Us.