Hello and welcome back to the blog here at Kitchen Creations! Here on the blog, we like to give you remodeling ideas, product ideas, and more to transform your kitchen. Why? Because your kitchen is the beating heart of your home, and you deserve for it to be your own. Today, let’s take some time to talk about how you can make your limited kitchen space feel larger and more open.
If your Buffalo, NY home has a kitchen with smaller, more limited space, you might feel like you’re stuck in your current citation. But that isn’t the case at all, the right kitchen remodeling design can maximize your space! Ultimately making it look and feel larger than what the square footage says.
The Magic of Color and Light
Using Lighter Colors to Make Your Limited Kitchen Space Feel Larger
One of the quickest and easiest ways to alleviate the feeling of cramped spaces in your WNY home is to opt for a lighter color scheme. Lighter rooms feel more spacious than darker ones. If you’re in the middle of a kitchen redesign and have darker cabinets and countertops, why not opt for something off-white (or another bright color) instead? Some examples of colors that can make your smaller kitchen appear larger are white, beige, and pale grey.
How Light Plays a Roll in Enhancing Interiors
Also, having natural light sources facing south is a great way to capture as much natural light as possible (note that south-facing windows get hotter than east and west-facing windows). Why do we want to capture the most sunlight? For a few reasons; one of which is they can reduce your heating bill in the winter because of letting in more heat, but the 2nd reason is the one we want to take advantage of. More light, especially natural light, makes your limited space feel larger!
In a similar vein, adding additional light features can also make your kitchen feel larger. This can be accomplished in a variety of ways, from above-cabinet-mounted lights, to simply adding a few more lamps. If you’re comfortable with your current light features, consider swapping to higher-wattage bulbs instead! You can also switch from a blackout curtain on your windows to one that allows more light to filter through.
Clever Storage Solutions
We talked before about how you can use clever storage solutions in your kitchen to maximize your available space, check it out! However, we can give you a few new ideas to improve your Buffalo, NY kitchen storage here, too.
One thing you can do to immediately add extra storage is to opt for floating shelves, which are a great solution if you have a little bit of wall space, but not enough for new cabinets. You can also add things like freestanding bookshelves to have extra storage for pots, pans, cookbooks and more! Another option is to use things like tension rods in your drawers to keep the items inside organized, allowing you to not only have more items in the drawer but also to be able to see everything inside.
The Illusion of Space with Mirrors and Glass
You can also create the illusion of more space with mirrors and glass. A well-placed mirror instantly make your kitchen feel larger – think about the grocery store using mirrors on their produce shelves. Similarly, reflective surfaces to bounce more light around also create the illusion of more space in an otherwise crowded kitchen. Also, stainless steel appliances bounce more light and would create a similar effect.
Tricking the Eye with Glass-Front Cabinetry in Your WNY Kitchen
Have you considered glass-front cabinets? Glass-front cabinets are another easy way you can make a limited kitchen layout appear brighter and larger. They add visual depth to your kitchen, which tricks the eye into thinking there’s more space than there is because it’s focusing on the inside of the cabinet rather than the door.
Why You Should Partner With a Professional Kitchen Renovation Company in WNY
- Depth of Knowledge and Skill: Experts have the ability to preempt potential problems and obstacles, averting expensive blunders and facilitating a more streamlined makeover process.
- Industry Discounts Accessibility: Those involved in refurbishments usually enjoy trade markdowns on essentials like materials, appliances, and fixtures, delivering financial benefits to the house owner.
- Timeliness: A dedicated kitchen refurbishment firm has the capacity to conclude the makeover in less time than a self-driven initiative, sparing homeowners valuable time and mitigating disruptions.
- Superior Craftsmanship: Industry professionals are more prone to produce top-tier workmanship, enhancing the lifespan of the updated kitchen elements and reducing the probability of future repair or replacement expenditures.
- Acquiring Proper Licenses and Adhering to Codes: A reputable kitchen refurbishment firm will guarantee the procurement of all required permits and ensure the makeover aligns with local construction codes, lowering the chances of fines or hindrances during potential resale.
- Assurance and Aftercare: A majority of kitchen refurbishment firms offer warranties on their labor, providing house owners with reassurance and added safeguard against prospective complications.
Let’s Get Started On Your Dream Kitchen, Together!
When you have a kitchen with limited space, maximizing what you can do with it and making it feel larger is essential. When you’re doing your WNY kitchen remodel, making your space feel roomier is an important aspect in making your kitchen more inviting and open, which makes spending time there more pleasant.
Make sure to bookmark our blog page and FaceBook profile so that you don’t miss an update from us! Share this post and add your thoughts on socials, and we might include a few in a later update post with more small kitchen tips.
Don’t delay, get your dream kitchen today! Reach out to us here at Kitchen Creations so we can transform your kitchen into your dream’s vision you can be proud of. Check out our products selection page to get an idea of our selection, and you can see for yourself in our showroom at 5470 Camp Rd, Hamburg, NY 14075. You can also call us at 716-649-8800 or visit our contact page. We can’t wait to work together!